Dell PowerEdge R730xt CTO Server – With warranty and technical service for installation or support.
Dell PowerEdge R730xt CTO Server – With warranty and technical service for installation or support.
A DC Parts is a distributor of new and refurbished DELL equipment and accessories. Our technology experts can help you select and configure the right DELL server solution for your specific data needs. Like all our equipment, DELL servers are fully tested, you can count on worry-free service for years to come. And, should the need arise, our team of certified engineers is on hand to provide support for any issues you may have. If you would like to speak with a representative about DELL equipment offerings, please contact contact us.
Product Description Dell PowerEdge R730xd CTO Rack Server
An exceptionally flexible and scalable two-socket 2U rack server that delivers high-performance processing and a wide range of workload-optimized local storage possibilities, including hybrid tiering.
Designed with an incredible range of configurability, the PowerEdge R730xd meets the needs of many different workloads with the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family, 24 DIMMs of high-performance DDR4 memory and a wide range of options of local storage.
Dell PowerEdge R730xd
- Latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processors – up to 18 cores
- Up to 24 DDR4 memory DIMMs
- 6 different storage configurations
- Up to 6 PCIe 3.0 expansion slots
- Supports up to 4 SSDs Express Flash NVMe PCIe
Boost peak performance
Accelerate application performance with the latest technologies and dynamic local storage. Quickly and easily scale up with front-access devices, ranging from low-cost SATA hard drives to ultra-fast, low-latency 1,8” PowerEdge Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSDs. Use hybrid storage configurations to adapt the R730xd to your workload needs and implement tiered storage efficiencies. Combine 24-drive capacity with dual PERC capability to boost storage performance and take advantage of new Dell caching technologies to further increase application performance.
Discover greater versatility
Unlike previous PowerEdge servers, the R730xd can be tailored for application performance by combining high-speed 1,8” SSDs and high-capacity, low-cost 3,5” hard drives in a single hybrid chassis, enabling access accelerated to data through server storage tiers
- In its 24-drive dual PERC configuration, the R730xd can be an excellent database server, delivering over a million IOPS performance.
- Combine 26 drives with 24 memory DIMMs and six PCI Express (PCIe) expansion slots to provide a feature-rich virtualization environment.
- With up to four ultra-fast, ultra-low latency Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSDs, the R730xd can boost performance on critical workloads and share cache with another server.
- In its cost-effective 16 x 3,5” drive configuration with a capacity of up to 100TB, the R730xd is an excellent Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange server for unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) and offers the scalable storage efficiency that providers demand of today's XaaS, Hadoop / big data users and colocation hosting.
R730xd (8 x 3,5 inches, 18 x 1,8 inches)
Flash Storage Anywhere or Anywhere: As new flash-capable configurations mean quick access to data for faster application performance. Configurations include 1,8” SATA SSDs, 12Gb SAS SSDs, and ultra-high-performance NVMe Express Flash PCIe drives.
- Flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize application performance. With flexible zoning and dual PERC cards, you can now flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize performance across 4 SSDs + 20 HDDs, 8 SSDs + 16 HDDs, or 12 SSDs + 12 HDDs.
- Improve database performance using flash drives to store “live” data, while having up to 48TB 1 server-based storage with NL-SAS / SATA HDDs.
- Increase concurrent usage and system responsiveness for OLTP applications combining NVMe drives and Dell caching solutions.
- Provides storage scalable efficient and high performance for IT providers as a service (XaaS), big data users (Hadoop) and co-location hosting combining traditional hard drives and solid state flash drives to ensure data is where it's needed, when it's needed.
- Enable more, larger, low-cost mailboxes with 33% more storage unit capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response times with up to 15 percent more memory bandwidth than previous generations and help boost IO performance with the customizable transfer rate of Dell Select network adapters.
- Improve overall Exchange performance with 9Gb PERC12 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and transfer rate over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync Performance and Responsiveness in Virtual Environments directly mapping more VMs to the greatest number of physical processor cores.
The latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads needed to support today's diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage. To further enhance these deployments, the R730xd features:
- RAM DDR4 which supports more larger, high-performance virtual machines per node, consuming up to 30 percent less power than previous generation DDR3 RAM
- Multimode RAID Controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
|Feature||PowerEdge R730xd technical specification|
|Form factor||2U Rack|
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family|
|Dimensions||H: 8,73 cm (3,44 in.) XW: 44,40 cm (17,49 in.) XD: 68,40 cm (26,92 in.)|
|cache||2,5 MB per core; main options: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18|
|chipset||Intel C610 Series Chipset|
|Memory||Up to 768GB (24 DIMM slots): 4GB / 8GB / 16GB / 32GB DDR4 up to 2133 MT / s|
|I/O slots||Up to 6 PCIe 3.0 slots plus dedicated RAID card slot|
|RAID controllers||Internal controllers: PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P
External HBAs (RAID): PERC H830
External HBAs (non-RAID): 12 Gbps SAS HBA
|Drive bays||Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane:
Up to 16 x 3,5" SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD + 2 x 2,5" drives
Up to 18 x 1,8" SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD drives + 8 x 3,5" SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD drives, + 2 x 2,5" HDD
Up to 26 x 2,5″ SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD, PCIe SSD drives
|Maximum internal storage||SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD, PCIe SSD:
up to 68,5TB with 18x1,8"960GB SATA SSD + 8x3,5" 1,8TB SAS HDD
Up to 47,5TB with 24x2,5"1,8TB SAS HDD hot-plug + 2x2,5"1,8TB SAS hot-plug HDD
Up to 99,6 TB with 12 x 3,5 6 TB NL SAS HDD or SSD +4 x 3,5 6 TB SAS + 2 x 2,5 1,8 TB SAS HDD or SSD
|built-in NIC||4x1GbE, 2x10+2GbE, 4x10GbE NDC|
|Power supplies||750W AC power supply with titanium efficiency; 1100 W DC power supply; Platinum efficiency 495 W, 750 W,
1100 W AC power supply;
|Availability||ECC memory, hot-plug hard drives, hot-plug redundant cooling, hot-plug redundant power,
internal dual SD module, single device data fix (SDDC), spare sort, toolless chassis, support for high availability clustering
and virtualization, proactive systems management alerts, iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
|Remote management||iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
8 GB vFlash media (update), 16 GB vFlash media (update)
|Systems management||Dell OpenManage Essentials compliant with IPMI 2.0
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
• Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft®
• Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter ™
|Dell OpenManage Connections:
• HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool®
and CA Network and Systems Management
• Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database
|rack support||ReadyRails ™ II slide rails for toolless mounting on 4-post racks with round holes, square or not
threaded or tool mount in 4-post threaded hole racks with optional tool-free cable management arm bracket.
|Operational systems||Microsoft Windows Server® 2008/2012 SP2, x86 / x64 (x64
Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 R2, x64 (includes
Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
|Optional built-in hypervisors:
VMware vSphere® ESXi™
For more information about versions and
specific additions, visit Dell.com/OSsupport.
|OEM ready version available||From the frame to the BIOS to the packaging, your servers can look like they were designed and built by you. To get
For more information, visit Dell.com/OEM.
|Recommended support||Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your
PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative
today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information,
Some segments we help
Third party maintenance for DELL End-of-Life (EOL) and DELL End-of-Service-Life (EOSL)
A DC Parts made an analysis on more than 250 customer contracts that use storage, servers, networks and tapes and showed us that 40-60% of the equipment of these customers operate beyond the end dates of support.
There are simple options for you to reduce your expenses and feel more confident about your IT infrastructure. When you choose a custom solution to extend the life of your IT equipment, you can make big savings.
How can we help:
We offer our customers a unique assessment to help analyze their OEM support contracts and understand exactly which devices can be supported in the most affordable way, without compromising their performance.
DELL Server Leases
DC Parts provides DELL server rentals for a convenient and affordable solution to a range of data center issues such as seasonal spikes and data center relocation. We work to match the right approach with the right equipment to suit your customized DELL Storage and Blade rental needs. With a highly trained team of certified engineers ready to solve any problems, DC Parts is uniquely qualified to serve you. If you would like to speak to a representative about DELL machine rentals enter in contact us.
Support for DELL Servers
Support services DC Parts provide support for DELL equipment. We work to combine the right approach with the right equipment to meet your DELL equipment support needs. With a highly trained team of certified engineers ready to solve any problems with DELL equipment, the DC Parts is uniquely qualified to serve you. If you would like to speak with a representative about purchasing DELL equipment support, contact us. The DC Parts helps companies of all sizes better manage their IT data centers by providing third-party support services to leading equipment manufacturers, including: IBM, HPE, Dell EMC, Oracle Sun, Cisco and much more. With support DC Parts, we manage all your hardware, between the manufacturers through a link. Support from DC Parts offers flexible service level agreements, certified engineering support teams and dedicated customer service representatives. Extend the life and value of your IT assets. Contact DC Parts support immediately.