When a company has equipment End Of Service Life (EOSL) IBM, there is no need to replace it with a modern one. It is possible to extend its service life through maintenance.
So learn more about IBM End Of Life (EOL) and End Of Service Life, as well as other IBM products sold by DC Parts.
EOL, EOSL and the importance of third-party maintenance
First, EOL comes from the expression end of life which means “end of life”. It's about the date in which the original product manufacturer (OEM) company discontinues production of an equipment. It can even make security updates for it, but it will not manufacture new units after EOL.
On the other hand, EOSL comes from the expression End Of Service Life. This refers to the date on which the manufacturer of the original product no longer offers any support or maintenance for a product, not even security updates.
In view of this, it becomes essential to third party maintenance, as it is capable of prolonging the useful life of an IBM EOSL equipment, for example.
In addition, third-party maintenance has some advantages, such as contract flexibility, no strict time limit, and skilled engineers.
End of Life and End of Service Life IBM
When you have an End Of Life product, IBM stops selling it and also stops updating it. Despite this, it still continues to offer post-warranty support.
On the other hand, when it comes to IBM End Of Service Life equipment, the company no longer provides support or maintenance for it.
IBM products that DC Parts offers
A DC Parts offers products from several companies, and IBM is among them. See some:
- IBM System Storage / Storage Arrays / 39R6570 iSCSI Controllers for DS3300 Storage Arrays.
- IBM System Storage / Disk / 00AJ147 1.2Tb 10K 6GBPS SAS 2.5 G3 H/S Hard Drive.
- IBM System Storage / Battery / 00DH846 10.8V 63.2Wh Lithium ion Battery Pack Module for FlashSystem 840.
- IBM System Storage / Esclosure / 00E5856 Enclosure Services Manager CCIN 509A EXP Drawer 5886.
- IBM System Storage / Cable / 08L5766 Motor/Loader/Sensors Cable.
- IBM Power Systems / Backplane Interposer / 00E0981 Backplane Interposer Card Non RAID CCIN 2D1E.
- IBM Power Systems / NIC – Networking Adapter Cards / 00E1652 1Gb 4-Port PCIe2 (x4) Ethernet-TX Adapter (LP) CCIN 576F pSeries.
- IBM Power Systems / Processor / 00P2171 375MHz 1-Way Power3-II Processor 4MB L2 Cache.
- IBM Power Systems / Module / 01AF398 Power Server Processor.
- IBM Power Systems / Port Loop / 10N9982 GX RIO-2 2-Port Loop Adapter
End of Service Life IBM – DC Parts
Some of the End Of Service Life IBM models are:
- iDataPlex dx360 M4 server, on 12/31/2021.
- iDataPlex dx360 M4 2U chassis, on 12/31/2021.
- eServer iSeries 890, on 30/10/2020.
- eServer iSeries 840, on 31/10/2020.
- eServer iSeries 825, on 30/10/2020
However, if your company has End Of Service Life equipment, you do not need to replace it with a new one.
With DC Parts, you can extend the support cycle and maximize equipment value. You can even save between 30 and 40%.
Therefore, if you have an IBM storage, server or any EOSL equipment, contact us to request additional information and quotes.